Responsible for the day-to-day operation and performance of Care Coordinators as the members of Interdisciplinary Team within the compliance with CPHL Care Management policies, procedures and all regulatory mandates, consistent with CPHL mission, vision and value statements.
The Care Coordinator Lead is responsible for continuously improving the effectiveness and efficient operations of the Care Management Department. Functions as a resource for the management staff to maximize quality of standards of care and appropriate utilize of resources. Works with other departments and the plan providers to maximize cooperative relationships and acts as an interface with others for excellent customer service and process improvement
· Leads the day to day operations of the Care Coordinators in Care Management Department.
· Monitors the telephone system to assure that calls are answered in a timely manner.
· Facilitates communication and coordination of members care among and between members of the interdisciplinary team
· Assists the care management team with leading projects, handling escalated calls, supply orders, and time off requests
· Assists with employees’ educational trainings in process of care management and care coordination and acts as a preceptor to newly hired staff. Assists management team with staff evaluations as needed.
· Regular attendance is an essential function of the job. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
· Performs duties of Care Coordinator as necessary.
Knowledge and Skills:
Bachelor Degree in Healthcare or related field
Type of Experience
3-5 years previous Home Care and/or Managed care experience which include administrative responsibilities
Specific Technical Skills
Microsoft Office applications