The Medicare Sales Director is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and managing activities associated with selling and marketing the Medicare line of business for the health care plan within the designated sales region. This position shares responsibility for the persistency and profitability of the Medicare line of business and is responsible for promotion of the company image throughout the communities within the assigned region.
• Maximizes relationships within region to insure territorial marketing model philosophy
• Achieves regional sales enrollment goals as related to sales from other sources
• Utilizes corporate resources to strategically maximize potential as related to regional sales enrollment goals
• Provides input on issues of strategic direction to health plan leadership, with regard to Medicare integrated activities.
• Develop sales and marketing programs to promote enrollment growth.
• Supports and recommends incentive outlines for all employed agents.
• Ensures training for Medicare and Medicare product line to Management team.
• Ensures all sales department activities are managed within the compliance requirements of the organization.
• Develops tracking, training, policy and procedures and audit schedules.
• Coordinate with Sr. Staff bid development team members and health plan financial experts on annual bid process. Participates as department lead on bid committee.
• Supports the development of department wide sales budget.
• Reviews and determines options for additional growth and market development.
• Recruits, develops, and motivates staff. Initiates and communicates a variety of personnel actions including, employment, termination, performance reviews, salary reviews, and disciplinary actions.
• Oversees all commission, communication and reporting procedures for agents.
• Sets annual goals and incentives
• Develops annual sales assumptions for each county for AEP goal setting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BA/BS or the equivalent of and three to five years sales and marketing experience are preferred.
Type of Experience
• Experience working with Medicare recipients, knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques is required.
Must hold life and disability insurance licensure. Must hold annual certifications necessary to sell Medicare and meet plan guidelines.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong knowledge of CMS operations and regulations mandatory
• Proven track record in hiring, training and counseling teams in various sizes.